EverDwell Uk

EverDwell Uk

Saturday 18 October 2014

‘My boss had an affair with… my mother’

‘My boss had an affair with… my mother’
Office romance is fairly common among colleagues in the workplace. However, what is uncommon is when a boss begins to sleep with his subordinate’s mother
My name is Ameze and I work with a GSM company. But since my mother came from Benin to stay with me in Lagos, things haven’t remained the same in my office. One day, I decided to take my mum to the office and introduce her to my boss, a senior manager, out of joy that my mum had come to stay with me. But to my surprise, my mother adopted a fondness or rather, lust, for my boss.
Whenever I returned from work, she would ask me questions about what he wore to the office, how handsome he looked, and what he did. But I never took offence until my mother began to pay me surprise visits at work. She’d come unannounced to my office during break with an excuse. Then she’d sit and chat with my boss at length under the guise of ‘greeting him’. My mother’s behaviour irritated me, but I never understood until I started hearing gossip months later that my mother was sleeping with my boss. I learned my boss usually took my mother to one hotel.
But I didn’t ask my mother. Neither did I ask my boss. I just kept them quiet. But I couldn’t believe it when my Martina Moses 08034809240 boss asked me out one day. When a lizard nods its head, it does not always mean yes. I pretended as if I had agreed to go out with him even when I knew my mother was sleeping with him. He’d taken me for a fool, thinking he could eat his cake and have it.
But I was determined to show my boss that he was the real fool. So I reported him to the director. I told the director everything that was going on between my mother and my boss, the senior manager. The director was displeased and invited my boss to his office. When my boss came, the director washed him down, saying he should be ashamed of himself for sleeping with the mother of a staff.
The director asked my boss what he would do if his wife found out he was committing adultery with the mother of a staff. According to the director, the two families would be torn apart. The director then warned my boss to keep off me and told him the implication of causing a scandal in the office by sleeping with my mother. If I had my way, I’d make sure newspapers carry the name of my boss and his adulterous relationship with my mother.
But because I don’t want my mother disgraced, I have to conceal it. But it hurts. My mother makes it hurt more by saying she did it for me. According to my mother, her affair with my boss would guarantee me job security. I would never get sacked because my boss would always watch my back since he is her lover. And I would enjoy fast promotions too because of what she’s doing. I hate the idea of my mother acting like a whore because she wants me to progress in life. I believe what is mine will be mine. And I’ve threatened to disown my mother or send her back to Benin immediately if she doesn’t stop sleeping with my boss.

No comments: