EverDwell Uk

EverDwell Uk

Sunday 26 October 2014

At home with Chita Agwu

Nollywood goddess, Chita Agwu, who started acting in 2009, has worked her way up to the top of the ladder with more than 40 movies to her credit. Despite having a jolly ride with her career, things have not always been all rosy for Chita. She recently had an accident with her car, lost her mum but as they say, tough times don’t last, tough people do. Here, she speaks on a variety of issues, including the kind of man that can rock her.
What have you been doing lately?
I did a lot of jobs last year but since January, I’ve not done anything. Though, I have done 15 scripts, I’m still trying to put some things in place to wrap them up. I will start working soon. I have about six scripts to work on.
You did a movie recently where eight of you ladies had your head shaved, what was the movie about?              
In the movie, there was this cult where you had to kill your husband to belong. The hair cutting was a cover up to make people believe that your hands were clean.
…But you lost your mum recently and you didn’t shave your head      
I didn’t shave my head because in my place, we are born of God. If you are in the world, you can do the traditional thing by shaving your hair, but if you go to church, you don’t have to.
How have you been coping without your mum?
It has not been easy because I see her every day in my dreams. I just had to let go but it has made me stop going home regularly since she is not there. It’s not funny at all, I miss her every day. It’s just that she departed from this world, but she’s still living.
As a beautiful woman, how do you handle male advances?            
Very simple, I listen to them, I don’t insult because I’m not a rude person. I just listen to what they have to say.
What will it take a man to date you?
There is nothing a man can give to me. I like honest, cute, and God-fearing man, even if he doesn’t have money. Though I know money is important, I would consider someone with above qualities. But I know there is no way God would not bless me with someone who has money.
How nude can you interpret a role?                                    
I can never act nude. I can act sexy or half naked; you don’t have to be completely nude to get a man. When I enter a place, if I see who is going to toast me, I’ll know. My smile alone can make you fall.
Can you marry an actor?        
If it’s my luck, yes, I can. Everything about me is about love. I practice love a lot.
How would you describe love?
If you love someone, just be real to that person. Let that person love you for who you are. Everything about you should project honesty; you can do anything for that person. It’s not necessarily all about money, money is not love. Love to me, is giving without reservation; just like Jesus Christ did for us on the Cross of Calvary.
What would you not be caught wearing?    
You can never catch me tying wrapper to cover my chest. While growing up, my mum used to advise me a lot, that tying wrapper on the chest would press one’s breast down.
Did that worked for you?  
Yes. It did.
What is your favourite food?
I love swallow. Any soup is fine for me, as long it’s swallow like fufu, eba, etc.

No comments: