EverDwell Uk

EverDwell Uk

Sunday 26 October 2014

Karen becomes writer

Winner of 2011 Big Brother Africa, Karen Igho-Rakos, got married secretly a few weeks ago and disappeared into thin air. Now, she has resurfaced with new things. This time, she will be very much in the public view. According to her manager, Karen has joined the team of Exquisite Magazine, as a resident columnist.
Speaking on the new position, Karen said: “Aside from the book I am working on, I want a chance to offer my
Karen Igho-Rakos
Karen Igho-Rakos
fans advice based on past experiences and life in general. My view of life and so many things have changed drastically, for the better, of course. After my trip to the UK (which was quite refreshing), I fell in love over again, started a degree and life is good. I am in a place where giving back means a lot to me and this is one way to do so. I want to empower my fans, teach them how to know the difference in situations that can bring them up or down and I’m excited to go on this journey with ExquisiteMagazine.”
While some see prospect in her as a writer others are already criticising the move, mainly due to her sometimes poor grammar, and her frequent use of pidgin English. This, however, does not mean she cannot be a good writer.
Editor of the magazine, Tewa Onasanya, said: “We decided to collaborate with Karen on the “Dear Karen” project because we understood why the platform was needed. We understood that her fans and, indeed, the general public would like a platform to seek her views on various topics, ranging from relationships to how-to tips. We also felt that being a celebrity has exposed her to various scenarios, which has broadened her opinion on several issues that can only add value to her fans.”

No comments: